archieve / Latest news
On Saturday, January 21, a demonstration in support of political prisoners was held in the capital of Sweden, Stockholm.
Media Partisans and the «Russian Resistance» project are going to inform you how everything went.
The rally was scheduled to begin at noon in Sergel Square, where the following speakers took the floor:
- Sofia Pereswetoff-Morath and Erik Zhivkoplias talked about the Anti-War Committee of Sweden, the organizer of the meeting, and mentioned the story of Alexei Navalny.
- The representative of the Swedish political community Gunnar Hökmark expressed in English his support of political prisoners in Russia.
- Inga Lina Lindqvist, the representative of the Belarusian movement, recalled political prisoners from Belarus and called for the overthrow of Lukashenko’s and Putin’s regimes with the help of European pressure, she also appealed for help to the Swedish Church.
- Martin Uggla in Russian and Swedish recalled such political prisoners as Lilia Chanysheva, Alexandra Skochilenko, Ilya Yashin, Alexei Gorinov and many others. Speaker declared that the Alexei Navalny case is an example of the cruelest treatment of an innocent person for political reasons.
- Alina Koltsova, the representative of the Crimean Tatars, also passionately supported all political prisoners.
- Philipp Galtsov chanted freedom slogans together with the audience.
- The memorial wall was established in remembrance of brutal bombing strikes on Ukraine. Five Ukrainian cities were mentioned: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Azovstal, Mariupol, Kremenchuk, and Dnipro. It is impossible to remain indifferent to these events.
- The demonstration was concluded by musician Arseniy, who supported the rally with his anti-war compositions and raised funds for the support of Ukraine.
- The event gathered more than 130 people. The weather was cold, so hot tea and coffee were offered, and white-blue-white flags and badges of the Anti-War Committee of Sweden could also be purchased to support the organizers.